“The Cracker Company” is operated by That's Crackers Ltd.
We take your privacy very seriously and will only use the personal information you supply to us to provide the products and services you have requested from us within The Cracker Company and no other brand or business.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can rest assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement, and used only to process your order, keep you informed of its progress and deliver it to you safely.
What Data Do We Collect?
When you place an order with us, we will collect the following information, in order to process and deliver that order. We will keep this information for a short period of time, to enable us to service your order and for regulatory purposes.
- Your full name, and company name, if a business or organisation.
- Your billing address and delivery address, if different.
- Your email address & telephone numbers.
We do not collect any payment details. Your payment details are input directly to the servers of either Paypal or Shopify Payments, our secure card processing intermediary, and no credit/debit card details are passed to us or stored on our servers.
What We Do With Your Data
The information we collect is used as follows:
- Your order details are kept for internal record keeping on our secure server with access restricted to key personnel using password protected log ins.
- Your email address will be used to send you an order confirmation, a dispatch notification, to advise of any issues sending your order, and any delivery details.
- If you have subscribed to our newsletter, we will also send regular emails to your email address giving details of offers, ideas and new products. You can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of any newsletter you receive or by emailing us at email@example.com
- Your telephone number will only be used if we need to contact you about your order or given to our courier for delivery updates and delivery problems, if that method of delivery is used.
Who We Share Your Data With
Simply put, no-one!
The only exception is delivery details, your email address and your telephone number for delivery by our carriers, where appropriate. These are not stored by these companies and are not used for any other purpose.
Controlling Your Data
Once you have input your personal data into our secure website, we will only hold the data for as long as is required for legal and financial purposes, after which time it be permanently deleted from our records.
If you have chosen to subscribe to our email newsletters, you will remain on the mailing list until you choose to unsubscribe by clicking the link on the newsletter or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you wish to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by us, you can do so in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com and we will remove your information as quickly as we can. You can also use the unsubscribe link in any communication.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 which from 28/5/2018 changes to the General Data Protection Regulations. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Data Controller, That's Crackers Ltd T/A The Cracker Company, Unit 12 Glenmore Business Park, Blackhill Road, Poole, Dorset, BH16 6NL or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All reasonable requests for information will be provided free of charge and within one month of us receiving your request.
Should you not wish for any information to be kept after your order is dealt with, or if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, via the address above. We will promptly correct or remove any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When you visit our website, a small file called a ‘cookie’ asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Your computer stores it in a file located inside your web browser. If you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Should you choose to click on these links and leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How Do I Disable Cookies?
If you want to disable cookies for our site and others you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies, but how you can do this will depend on the browser you use. This may also result in some functionality on our site not working optimally.
Steps on how to disable cookies for the most used browsers are given below:
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting